Please contact Community Music Lessons Coordinator Eliza Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We offer lessons for all ages for all instrumental and voice areas per instructor availability. We are currently only offering lessons for students ages 8 and up this spring semester. Music instructors are matched with university and community learners interested in beginning or continuing study of an instrument or voice in a fun and supportive atmosphere. Flexible scheduling and performance opportunities with the CML program are an example of the Wisconsin Idea in practice.
Tuition and Fees
2023-24 Tuition Rates
Five 30-minute lessons = $145
Ten 30-minute lessons = $220
5 60-minute lessons: $250/package
10 60-minute lessons: $450/package
Five 30-minute lessons = $170
Ten 30-minute lessons = $260
5 60-minute lessons: $300/package
10 60-minute lessons: $550/package
For the 2023/24 academic year, Community Music Lessons is offering a Three Lesson Supplemental Package to accommodate those who wish to have lessons after the first five or ten lesson packages.
Undergraduate Instructor Three Lesson Supplemental Package:
Three 30 min lessons = $85
Three 45 min lessons = $115
Graduate Instructor Three Lesson Supplemental Package:
Three 30 min lessons = $100
Three 45 min lessons = $135
Optional: Practice room fees for access to the Humanities practice rooms outside of lesson hours: $125/semester
(see “Practice Room Information for CML Participants” tab for details)
We accept Visa and MasterCard. We do not accept payments in cash. To pay with a check, please contact the CML coordinator before registering.
Tuition must be paid in full at the time of registration. No lessons may be given without advance receipt of payment (lesson fee.)
Cancellations two weeks from the time of registration are offered a full refund, minus a $20 service fee.
Please keep these policies for reference. Participation in the CML program indicates agreement with the following:
- Minimum age for CML participation is 8 years old. Students must have already reached the age of 8 on or before the first lesson. We are currently only offering lessons for students 18 and over for the summer session.
- Students are allowed one excused absence for which a make-up lesson will be scheduled by the teacher. An excused absence must be reported at least 24 hours before the lesson. Subsequent missed lessons will not be rescheduled or refunded.
- Students and Instructors are expected to arrive on time. Instructors are required to wait no longer than 10 minutes past the beginning of the scheduled lesson time. Missed lessons due to tardiness will not be refunded.
- Religious holiday conflicts should be resolved on an individual basis with the Instructor.
- Eating, drinking, and gum-chewing are not allowed in practice rooms or in any room with a piano.
- CML recommends that parents with children under the age of 18 accompany their son and/or daughter in the practice room in which the lesson is taking place. If a parent prefers to not be in the practice room, we ask that the parent remain outside of the practice room in the hallway in which the lesson is taking place or in the lobby if it is within earshot of the lesson. Before each lesson, a parent or guardian is required to initial a form that each instructor will have with them, stating that they were present either in the practice room or in the hallway for the lesson. This policy is intended to protect both students and instructors.
- Community Music Lessons offers one-on-one lesson instruction (one student to one teacher).
Practice Room Information for CML Participants
During the academic year, practice rooms are open to CML participants during these times:
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 11 am and 4 pm to 11 pm.
- Saturday, 8 am to 11 pm
- Sunday, 10 am to 11 pm
CML prides itself on offering a wide variety of instruments for private study, though not all areas are available for instruction each semester. Instructor availability is first come, first serve.
Information for Lesson Providers
If you would like to give lessons, click to download these documents:
Links for current Lesson Providers:
Coordinator: Eliza Morris
Office: Room 4510, Humanities Building