Award Eligibility and Deadline
Only living alumni of the Mead Witter School of Music are eligible. For purposes of definition, alumni must have received at least one degree from the School of Music. Nominations for 2021 are closed.
Nominations can be made by Mead Witter School of Music faculty, current or emeritus, and University of Wisconsin-Madison alumni. All nominations must include the following:
• A nomination cover sheet from the person placing the name in nomination, which details the nominee’s qualifications as a Distinguished Alumnus.
• A biographical statement, résumé or CV, providing basic information such as: name, address, employment history, and all music degrees and dates.
• Letters of support (maximum of 3) are welcomed and strengthen the nomination. Writers of support letters should provide their contact information and title. Support letters must be sent to the nominator and included with the submission.
• Nominations must be submitted electronically to the Assistant Director of the School of Music.
• All paperwork must be submitted electronically to the Assistant Director of the School of Music by October 15.
• The final selection will be approved by the Distinguished Music Alumni Award Committee (DMAAC) in the spring of each year.
• Any nominations not selected for the award may be re-nominated in subsequent years.
• If, in the opinion of the DMAAC, no worthy candidate is nominated in a given year, the Award will not be presented that year.